What Does Operational Excellence Mean In Practice?
Running a company in line with operational excellence principles is the biggest challenge your business will ever face – but the rewards are numerous. Not only will you trim costs and boost production rates (along with quality), you’ll also find yourself deservedly side by side with many of the best businesses in the world.
But what exactly is the operational excellence definition and how is it measured? Let’s take a look…
What is Operational Excellence?What is Operational Excellence?
What is Operational Excellence?
Operational excellence is a mindset…
Instilling operational excellence within your organisation is to start an endless search for constant improvement.
The Shingo principles of operational excellence don’t just present an idea, they encourage a specific kind of culture in your company. Everyone takes a step up and begins to work towards something greater, and this quest for improvement never falters.
Shingo operational excellence must cover an entire company – with every member of staff readily embracing the concept in order to drive the business continuously forwards as a cohesive unit.
Is there a perfect time to pursue operational excellence?
Operational excellence is not for the faint of heart. It involves an overhaul of your current company culture and may result in many processes changing irrevocably to complement fresh ideas and practices.
Simply put, you need to be prepared to take the leap before you can begin working towards the Shingo principles of operational excellence. It is something that the entire business needs to be behind – a shared vision that staff all believe in and work hard to implement.
If you are driven and have big plans for your business, you’re halfway there. Our operational excellence consulting team here at The Manufacturing Institute can determine how your current initiatives can be guided towards creating better value for your customers, and where you may need to fill in the gaps as you strive towards enterprise perfection.
Operational excellence with The Manufacturing Institute
The Manufacturing Institute is passionate about improving global standards in manufacturing across the board. As an organisation for manufacturers, by manufacturers, our operational excellence consulting services provide leaders with a trusted team to turn to during the implementation of Shingo operational excellence.
We hold a long-standing relationship with Shingo and our experts are capable of supporting businesses of all sizes. They’re adept at demonstrating how to get the most from The Shingo Model and make operational excellence principles the backbone of their business for fantastic results. Together, we can transform your organisation so that it becomes part of the manufacturing elite.
More Blog Posts
- ‘I’m just not getting stressed like I used to…’
- Leadership Development Programme helps rubber maker put more bounce in his career
- Clare doubles-up on her Manufacturing Institute training and secures a promotion
- Accelerated Route to Lean Manufacturing helps double production capacity for safety specialists
- What Should You Look For In A Manufacturing Industry Course?
- Reaping The Benefits Of Attending Accelerated Route To Lean Manufacturing!
- An Msc Success Story: Lee Bibby
- Operational Excellence Benchmark Assessment
- A Story Of Development: Andy Gilmartin
- What Does Operational Excellence Mean In Practice?
- Why 2018 Is The Perfect Time For A Shingo Benchmark Assessment?
- Are you facing a skills gap with older, more experienced staff retiring as younger staff join?
- The Manufacturing Institute Runs Shingo Facilitator Training Workshop
- What is Shingo and why should companies invest in it?
- Meet Frank Hayden: The Manufacturing Institute’s Long-Standing Collaborator
- An Outlook For The UK Manufacturing Sector In 2019
- Manufacturing Champions Awards 2018
- Is community the new culture?