The Manufacturing Institute is at the forefront of transforming business performance in global companies by introducing world-class standards of Enterprise Excellence.
We have found that transformation often starts when leaders and managers experience excellence first hand on factory ﬂoors and understand how the tools, systems and principles of Enterprise Excellence are delivered in practice.
Following requests from our customers, and in close collaboration with global manufacturing partners, we now offer both private and public Study Tours.
Our Study Tours combine education in the principles of enterprise excellence, seeing best practice in action and applying the learning to your own business.
We work hard to carefully select sites across different sectors so you can learn from a wide range of different environments, technologies and working practices which all deliver different elements of Operational Excellence.
- Gain a clear understanding of how Enterprise Excellence is delivered and developed in Europe’s most effective manufacturing sites
- See, observe and talk to workers and managers on the shop ﬂoor to understand the detail of successful implementation
- Go behind the scenes and speak directly to senior managers from some of the best performing manufacturing sites
- Open your eyes, broaden your vision, and deepen your understanding of lean principles, systems and tools
- Increase and develop your personal Leadership capability
With over 25 years of expertise in bringing lessons from the factory floor to the classroom, our aim is simple: to deliver the latest thinking and best practice with practical techniques, to develop people and improve the performance manufacturing businesses.
Many of our courses can be offered as in-company programmes, so employees from the same organisation can study the same course alongside each other without leaving the workplace. Course content can be tailored to specific business needs and case studies can focus on actual business issues.