The Leadership Development Programme is a high impact course designed to shake up team performance. This down-to-earth programme helps first line managers to improve management and lean manufacturing skills, giving them the tools to get more from their teams and add extra value to the business.
As one of our most popular courses, the Leadership Development Programme has helped more than 800 manufacturers apply their learning to lead operator teams in a lean manufacturing environment.
The course is run by highly competent manufacturing professionals with a track record of developing high performing team leaders.
What are the benefits to the company?
- Immediate application of skills learned to improve operational performance and bottom line benefits.
- Development of home-grown talent within course groups and their teams.
- Support for succession planning.
- Dissemination of lean manufacturing best practice within the organisation.
- Improved confidence and ability of individuals to create and lead high-performance teams.
- Access to an award-winning manufacturing site to observe best in class
Who is the course designed for?
First line managers who are responsible for leading and working in teams, problem solving and improving day-today factory floor processes.
Typical students include team leaders, charge or leading hands; area, shift, cell or group leaders; first line managers; production or logistics supervisors; and production operatives.
No formal qualifications required.
How does it work?
Students attend the course for one day per week over eight weeks. Each teaching day incorporates two half day modules. The format combines a best practice factory visit with workshops and seminars in order to develop a deep understanding of the subject areas. Students are encouraged to put their learning into practice in between sessions to gain maximum benefit from the course and build their confidence. In-company mentors provide guidance and direction to maximise the benefits to both the student and business.
- Manager-Mentor Session: understanding the role in supporting the delegates throughout the duration of the programme
- Programme modules
- Visit to a Best Factory Award winning site
- Evaluation: an end of course presentation and review of learning
- From old to new style shop floor behaviour and culture
- Active leadership
- Understanding teams
- Communication and influencing skills
- Presenting to teams
- Managing your time and yourself
- Performance management
- Employment law
- Health and safety
- Overview of lean manufacturing
- Process improvement workshops.
In-house training and education
If you’re looking to send larger groups of people on the same course, our Leadership Development Programme can be offered as an in-company programme, so your employees can study together without leaving the workplace. Course content can be tailored to specific business needs and case studies can focus on actual business issues.
Course Duration: 8 weeks at 1 day per week
Public Course: Yes
In-company course: Yes